Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wishing and Hoping and Dreaming and Praying.....(sung like the Dusty Springfield song)


As I wrote about it being R*madan in my last post, I started to add this but decided it warranted its own posting. I ask that you pr*y for the millions of M*slims in our country, and particularly the ones in our city as they enter this, their "holy month". As they fast daily, do good works and seek forgiveness during this month. As they look forward to the "night of power" where they are often encouraged to stay up and may be visited by angels and spirits carrying out the will of All*h since it is believed he more readily hears their pr*yers on this night. I ask that you pr*y that the Truth will visit them and that blind eyes will be opened and deaf ears made to hear. That they will understand that they cannot earn favor with the CEO but that they need to believe in the Son and the work that He did on the cr*ss to set them free, truly free.

Our family and Katrina went to visit the grand m*sque in our city


Even now as I type, I can hear about ten m*sques as they teach and lead the "call to pr*yer" over their loud speakers. Their loud long mournful wail of crying out to All*h. For their rituals to be received and good deeds to be enough for the forgiveness of their sins. Pr*y that we can be light in the darkness. That our relationships are fruitful and bear not just a good friendship but bear fruit for the Kingdom.


Just the other day after the girls spent the afternoon playing with their national friends I overheard Haddon tell Campbell, "I had so much fun! I hope they are able to go to Heav*n!" That is when I knew that they were "getting" it. You see, Haddon wanted a drink of water and as usual she asked them if they were ready for one too. The girls usually respond eagerly with a "yes" because of the heat and all the running around they do, however this time they said they couldn't because the fast had started. It was very sobering for her because often the kids don't participate in the fast, even though they are still encouraged to do so, and it was a very personal experience for Haddon to see her friends trying to earn their way to Heav*n. We are hoping to be able to share Truth with the girls' family in the coming days.



I cannot express enough just how grateful we as a nation need to be that we received the Truth and built a nation around it's principles. There but for the grace of the CEO, go we.



I love this picture....out of the darkness into the light!!

MARVELOUS LIGHT
by Charlie Hall

Into marvelous light I'm running,
Out of darkness, out of shame.
By the cross you are the truth,
You are the life, you are the way

I once was fatherless,
a stranger with no hope;
Your kindness wakened me,
Awakened me, from my sleep

Your love it beckons deeply,
a call to come and die.
By grace now I will come
And take this life, take your life.

Sin has lost it's power,
death has lost it's sting.
From the grave you've risen
VICTORIOUSLY!

Chorus
Into marvelous light I'm running,
Out of darkness, out of shame.
By the cross you are the truth,
You are the life, you are the way

My dead heart now is beating,
My deepest stains now clean.
Your breath fills up my lungs.
Now I'm free. now I'm free!

Lift my hands and spin around,
See the light that I have found.
Oh the marvelous light
Marvelous light

Lift my hands and spin
See the light within...


1 comment:

Layla Payton said...

This is my all time favorite worship song. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!