Friday, June 19, 2009

Evaluasi? Bagus! Naik Unit Dua!


Evaluation? Good! As of today Barry and I are promoted to Unit 2!! After our separate oral evaluations we received our books for Unit 2 and were told that we have made good progress, considering we knew only three words when we started. It was a little more intense than I had expected (not sure why I expected less, but I did). We were required to pr@y and then answer a series of questions by two Pelatihs (trainers). My "out of control t's" were back but I think it was because I was so focused on hearing and answering in the language, that some of my pronunciation went out the window, that is never really good to do!

I have included this picture from my class yesterday. There is A LOT of repeating words, but in many ways it is like four hours a day of Charades and Pictionary. After the first week they speak very little English and use motions and pictures for you to guess the meaning of the words! I noticed that the book for Unit 2 is entirely written in "Machiatto".......no English at all......YIKES!!

Oh, and just to let you know, since confession is good for the soul, they commented on how they liked our good attitude and enthusiasm towards language learning. But I have to admit, there are times when I want to say..."Oh, ya? Well you try to say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and I'll "koreksi" you"!! So there you have it, the bad attitude confession, I don't feel that way often but it can creep up sometimes! :) Thank you for taking the time to bring us before the CEO, we feel it and He is answering!!

1 comment:

joan said...

love "hearing" updates....would love to be there for the scenery, you can keep the lang. school part (lol) :)

w/love and prayers, joan and family