Monday, April 6, 2009

Returning Home


Wow! After a long drive we are finally home. We stopped over in Kentucky and saw the Creation Museum on our way back to my MIL's in Arkansas. If you ever get a chance to go, I highly recommend it. Other than Haddon screaming her lungs out when she turned a corner and saw a dinosaur eating another (showing an effect of sin) and then Barry quickly picking her up and her camera flying off her arm and knocking Marshall in the back of the head, who then thought something was trying to get him.....it was a hysterical chain of events that caused quite an ordeal. But I think after all we have been learning at FPO it was a great conclusion, it reminded us of how big our CEO is and creation is a great display of His power and how it would be silly not to trust your life in His hands. The planetarium was so phenomenal, just awesome!

We stayed a few days at my MIL's and she was not swallowing well so we took her to the Dr. and finished up details for her care. Please continue to pray for her as her struggles with dementia continue and not knowing how it will progress while we are gone is very hard.

Passing through Little Rock we had lunch with long time friends who truly blessed us with their love and by expressing their heart for following God, what an encouragement they were to us. Such a great family!

We have been able to get some much needed rest and have seen some friends and TCOTR members, and there are still so many more that we would love to see. However, I had forgotten how much we still needed to sort through in our final decisions on what to take...Ugh! Hard to balance it all and maintain my sanity. But we can see the light at the end of what has been a long tunnel for us in this process and are so anxious to get started.

I have also been working on our newsletter and it is almost done, most of you should be receiving it this week, just let me know if you want to be on our list. I'm excited and glad to have it finished, I have found it hard to get all I need done but eventually it is all coming together.

In all of this transition of the past several months it has hit me at just how close we are to our lives drastically changing. Sometimes, I honestly feel a sense of panic, but just as soon as I feel that, I am covered in a complete peace that all will be fine and that what we are doing is right. I have never experienced this before in my life, not like this, it ends up being an affirmation instead of turning into a fear, crazy! Again, I appeal for your continued prayers for us, and for 200 of our newest friends who are facing much of the same things we are and many are at this very moment already there or on their way.

We know it will be soon but we don't have a final date of departure yet as we are still waiting on our visas, although we heard that one little boy asked why we just didn't switch to MasterCard! Isn't that hysterical? Kids and their logic crack me up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"THE WILL OF GOD WILL NEVER TAKE YOU WHERE THE GRACE OF GOD WILL NOT PROTECT YOU"
I'm sooo excited at seeing you before you go "across the blue yonder" :)
Recently a visiting pastor spoke our church and he one of the things he said (that keeps coming to my mind) is: God will not give you a vision without a provision.
I like that, as well, as the opening quote of this comment.
God's grace will carry you (and yours) as you finish up details before your next "step" of your journey.
What a blessing ya'll are! We love you and will continue to keep you in our prayers and hearts.
Joan and family