Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cold Toes and Cocoa

We woke up Monday to at least a foot of snow and it was still coming down, I can't begin to tell you how beautiful the farm was!! So we decided to eat breakfast "in" and not walk all the way to the cafeteria when all of the sudden they announce over the intercom in our quad (which none of us knew was there and it completely freaked us out!)that school for the kids was canceled because none of the teachers could get here!

So that required one parent to stay home with the kids while the other went to class so Barry volunteered to stay home with the kids.(discern for yourselves his motive :)) Then our MIR's came to our rescue, because they prefer for couples to go through Contingency together, they volunteered to watch all the kids in our quad (our four, plus two). They had a great time playing in the snow all day. I think they literally drank their weight in cocoa, you can get an unlimited supply in the cafeteria and our MIR's did some "spoiling". Some j-men built an igloo on the soccer field (seriously, all four kids got in it at one time, it's great!) and they went sledding down a big hill in which someone made a ramp in the middle! But all survived and had a blast while we were uh....hmmm.... let's see what did the instructor's call it......how can I say it.... oh, yes, getting "stress inoculation". These are professionals flown in for this very purpose. All I can say is it was very intense and I was grateful to have Barry there!

I know I said I wouldn't be writing much but this is somewhat theraputic for me and hopefully not torture for you...but let's not go there! Thanks again for the prayers especially this week. I hope you all are warm, healthy and surrounded by those you love! Oh, and I haven't forgotten about the Matthew 2 comparison just no time right now.

2 comments:

Zimms Zoo said...

That is so awesome. I am jealous of all the snow, but not the stress thing!

We can't wait to see you guys again.

Anonymous said...

Keep it Justine I LOVE TO READ YOUR UPDATES! Love you!! so glad the kids had a great SNOW DAY!!! Sad for your intense training but I know it is so educational! Darcie