Wednesday, December 9, 2009

ReRun

Marshall and Haddon before his school Christmas Concert


No...I'm not blogging about the big black guy in the 80's comedy show, "What's Happening"! :)

In light of my previous post and my need for it to feel Christmas-y, I came across one of our favorite Christmas songs and noticed that I had blogged about in in one of my first blogs, almost a year ago today!

It is still fitting and a great reminder for all of us....if you don't own this CD, I highly recommend you buy it this year! "SNOW" by GoFish

It's About the Cross

It's not just about the manger where the baby laid
It's not all about the angels who sang for Him that day
It's not just about the shepherds or the bright and shining star
It's not about the wisemen who traveled from afar

It's about the cross
It's about my sin
It's about how J*sus came to be born once
So that we could be born again
It's about the stone that was rolled away so that you and I could have real life some day
It's about the cross

It's not just about the presents underneath the tree
It's not all about the feeling that this season brings to me
It's not just about coming home to be with those you love
It's not all about the beauty of the snow I'm dreaming of

The beginning of the story is wonderful and great
But it's the ending that can save you and that's why we celebrate

It's about the cross,
It's about my sin
It's about how J*sus came to be born once so that we could be born again
It's about G*d's love nailed to a tree
It's about how every drop of blood that flowed
From Him when it should have been me
It's about the stone that was rolled away
So that you and I could have real life some day
It's about the cross

Go Fish (Snow) 2006

Funny isn't it? How I can miss things not being "Christmas-y" in a country where we moved simply because millions don't know the Christmas story! Kind of ironic isn't it? If they knew and celebrated the Son like we do.....I would probably be somewhere else! Have to laugh at that! :)

1 comment:

mom2many said...

After your blog last year, we went and got ALL the Go Fish music! We love this song as well, but my favorite has to be the "mom" song. I play it and force my children to sing to me!